Monday, July 15, 2013

My Classroom

Yay I finally have some classroom pictures to share. Hopefully I give credit to the right people where credit is due also if you happen upon these pics and I did not give you credit please let me know so I can fix it. 

 There are still some boxes that need to be taken to storage and some minor unpacking that still needs to be done.

I ended up dusting off the sewing maching for my curtains.  I saw pictures somewhere online with this and I knew I had to do it.  Let's just say I will NOT be trying out for Project Runway or Design Star EVER! but they work.



My classroom library is in that back corner.  You cannot see it because of the desks but there is a smaller bookshelf/book display that is sectioning the room.  I still need to get it all sorted but I am not sure if I want to sort by genre or by AR levels.
 
 

My Math Rotation Board came from The Clutter Free Classroom. I am so excited to use this system with my class. As you can see from the pictures yes I am very blessed with only 12 students this year. I have decided I am only making three teams to allow one rotation where I am available for extra help if the students need it. I am also excited that this means I will be teaching new concepts to only 4 students at a time. Wow! Here is a link for you to get your own. I used the black line design because I could tailor it to my class colors. It is a little hard to see but I glued the pieces on turquoise and then lime construction paper and ran it through the laminator. The white pieces are just white cardstock that has been laminated.

This was a must for me.  I don't even remember where I saw it but I like to think of it as a motivational mantra.  It says things like "We believe in ourselves and our ability to do our best" and "We are too focused on our hopes and dreams to waste today."

My clip chart came from Teri at A Cupcake for the Teacher.  You can get one here.  Don't forget to check out her other wonderful products while you are there.  She has lots of fun things like this new classroom set up.  Love it!

I decided to use Whole Brain Teaching at least for my rules.  I do love the rules it provided except for the last rule.  I understand the whole "Keep your dear teacher happy" but to me that implies it is the students job to keep me happy and I just don't buy into that.  I really like how Rebecca at The Teacher's Chatterbox modified the rules a bit.  She added listen when your teacher is talking and be safe, respectful and responsilbe.  I saw the concept of the NOISE letters and I thought I would try it out so see if it works for me.  I ended up just using PowerPoint to make the letters.  Digital paper by The Clip Art Graphics Guy.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your classroom looks great! Do you start school soon?
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go back on the 25th for training but I will be on vacation from the 17th to the 24th. Our kiddos come back on the 31st. Arizona schools usually get out just before Memorial Day in May and go back the first part of August. My particular school has a couple of extra days off plus a week in October which is why we start a week earlier than most.

      Delete
  2. Your classroom looks great! 12 students! Wow!

    Erica
    Shepherd's Shining Stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your classroom! It looks fantastic! And thanks for your tips on the Math Rotation!
    Nicci
    Chalet Ré

    ReplyDelete